Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the worldone woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for a strategic & thoughtful Brand Design Lead to join our growing creative team. As a Brand Design Lead, youll help own, guide, & develop the established visual brand at Maven. This is a player-coach role, meaning youll work independently while also guiding the work of our growing design team. Youll have a positive impact in shaping our design culture, ensuring healthy best practices while delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced B2B environment serving cross-functional teams in Marketing, Sales, Client Success, & Product, & more.
As a Brand Design Lead at Maven, you will:
- Work closely with the Creative Director & growing design team to lead & shape the brand design practice & culture at Maven
- Balance empathetic, compassionate people management skills with the ability to lead by example, working hands-on day-to-day
- Ensure consistent application of the brand across B2B business needs while thoughtfully identifying ways to deepen & expand boundaries in the context of business-significant mediums & channels
- Maintain a clear understanding of the needs of the business & where design can be of service to larger business goals
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, & Client Success teams to build on-brand, business-driving tools, presentations, & assets
- Manage multiple projects while simultaneously meeting deadlines & project requirements
- Collaborate with a a cross-functional team on special projects & campaigns
Were looking for you to bring:
- 7-10 years of experience working at agencies and/or in-house creative teams
- 3+ years of excellent people management experience (and a desire to deepen those skills)
- A portfolio that demonstrates brand leadership capabilities, strategic thinking, & a meticulous attention to detail across multiple brands & projects
- The ability to provide clear, constructive design feedback & to lead the team toward fresh solutions
- Expert design, typography, branding, & compositional skills
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Fluent in deck building programs like Keynote, Powerpoint, & Google Slides
- Excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills with the ability to express design-concepts clearly across multiple teams & stakeholders
- Proactive & solutions-oriented thinking; comfortable working with quick-turn timelines & shifting priorities in order to align with the needs of a growing business
- Experience working within start-up environments is a plus
- Self-motivation to build scalable tools that allow the brand design team to work efficiently to ensure we meet the needs of the business
- Passion to further Mavens mission of providing access to high-quality womens & family healthcare to all
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for Mavens & generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave & 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.