What were looking for
OEC Group is currently looking for a Mandarin speaking Senior Engineer with 5+ years of experience in the IT field. The Senior Engineer should be well-versed in solution evaluation & implementation design.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York & branches throughout Asia, North America, & Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import & export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international & domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean & air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing & distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance & more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing & passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Coverage (Medical Vision & Dental) Paid for by the company
- Life & Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Floating Days
- Annual Performance review & opportunity for salary adjustment & bonus (contingent upon company financials & on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Retirement Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing & looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, & team building activities! Here at OEC we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
- People Make OEC: We value our people & the relationships in OEC where we always grow & support each other as a unified team.
- We Care so We Share: We care about people's interests & happiness, so we share valuable resources & celebrate success together.
- Customer Driven: We are driven to help both our internal & external customers succeed. In every interaction & with every service, we act in our customers' best interests - striving to understand their needs & exceed their expectations.
- Passion: Passion is at the heart of OEC. We have passion for our work, our wins, & being accountable in everyday tasks.
- Change to Improve: We believe change is essential for growth. Continuous improvement brings OEC & our people to a better future.
- Analyze, evaluate, design & propose suitable architecture & solutions based off business requirements.
- System & database performance tuning & troubleshooting.
- Lead & perform requirement analysis & design for integration related tasks, with outputs not limited to process flow (system & data), test cases, system and/or data architecture, common modules.
- Identifies & recommends improvements in system & data flow designs and/or report design that provide values to the business growth.
- Collaborate with internal business users & team members in both US & Asia, as well as out-sourced vendors/consultants to complete projects or solve issues.
- Application level administrative design & implementation based on business & IT perspectives.
- Operate & maintain operational reports, KPI reports & dashboards.
- Solution implementations and/or design integration developments.
New York office: Monday-Friday 9-6 PM (Overtime may be required)
- 5+ years of experience in business-centric solution evaluation & implementation.
- 5+ years of experience in system analysis in BI/CRM related projects or collaborative projects that compose of 6+ members & 6+ months.
- 5+ years of experience in BI solution design & implementation, such as Power BI, Crystal Reports, or SSRS.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, in terms of development & administration using SQL, SSIS, SSRS.
- 5+ years of experience in database development with a deep knowledge of SQL script tuning, stored procedures & function scripting.
- 3+ years of experience in ETL design, implementation & maintenance, must be familiar with SSIS (other ETL tools are a plus)
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server management.
- 2+ years of experience with freight related systems is a plus.
- Familiar with CargoWise One platform, in terms of system administration, workflow, doc & report, and/or customization is a plus.
- Multiple years of experience with MySQL, Postgres & Oracle is a plus.
- Experience wit development using .NET, C# & HTML is a plus.
Education & Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, statistics or equivalent work experience
- MCSA: Database Development certified
- CargoWise One CCO, CCS or CCP certified is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, & requires the ability to speak & hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.