BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary: 28/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is looking for a Freelance Social Video Producer (8 month contract) to join our Affiliate video team in New York City/ Los Angeles. The Social Video Producer will work with the Affiliate video team to find & edit light-weight, short-form content for Instagram reels, Fb reels & build out content on our website! The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly adaptable, able to thrive in a group environment, juggle multiple projects at once & have an eye for fun, captivating, & trending social content!
- Produce 4-5 short-form videos a week
- Find user-generated content with an affiliate focus from social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit & YouTube
- Secure & track content permission
- Meaningfully enhance content with shareable narrative using text on screen, graphics, & on-camera commentary in BuzzFeeds voice & style
- Source & brainstorm trending products for each video that are relatable to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Work in a fun, collaborative environment that tries out various video concepts.
- Develop strategic thumbnails & social copy that captivate the BuzzFeed audience.
- Identify & signal emerging trends to the affiliate video team
- Identify content that represents marginalized voices & communities
- Proficiency using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Extreme knowledge about TikTok & Instagram
- Interest in social platforms & data
- Great communication skills with the ability to receive feedback & contribute to a fun, positive & supportive group environment.
- Ability to write clean, engaging copy
- Experience in front of the camera
- Proficient copywriter
- Experience working in an organized, & creative manner
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment & internet video
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 BuzzFeed videos that performed well on our Facebook pages within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful
- Attach a resume
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve produced/edited preferably short-form!
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.