LiveRamp is an Identity technology company based in downtown San Francisco with a growing office in New York City (right on Fifth Avenue next to Union Square).
We on the Identity Engineering team maintain the graph processing engine that connects the billions of different identifiers for consumers & the devices they use online. Help us process this trillion edge graph as quickly & efficiently as possible.
You will get to work on projects such as:
- Pregel Path Computer: This system finds relevant graph paths using the pregel graph computation framework as implemented in Apache Giraph.
- Edge Ingestion & Partitioning Framework: We could never process all trillion edges at once & luckily we dont have to. Instead we process subgraphs that contain specific types of edges. Our edge ingestion & partitioning leverages LiveRamps Seek MSJ framework to efficiently incorporate new data into existing edge stores.
- Path Computation as a Service: We provide a service to other LiveRamp engineering teams for finding specific types of paths within our massive graph. It handles 20,000 requests a day & this is possible due to its use of caching & intelligently batching similar request together.
- We find feedback to be important in helping us grow as individuals & as a team; were always looking for chances to kindly share positive & constructive feedback & we aim to accept feedback with grace.
- We follow a Scrum-based DevOps model with a few guiding principles:
- Continuously improve processes
- Minimize barriers to development
- Control our contribution end-to-end from hardware to service API
- We develop in Java & use Terraform, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Giraph, & Spark. We will use new technologies & languages if they help us better solve a problem.
- We currently use a 79,800 core cluster with 90 PB of disk space & 256 TB of RAM (shared across all of LiveRamp data engineering) to power our systems. Soon all of this will be on GCP.
- Have 3+ years of experience writing & deploying production code.
- Have a passion for building large-scale distributed systems & are comfortable writing high performance code.
- You love mentoring junior engineers & deploying best practices.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, & productive.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Experience with modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike.
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink.
- Experience with Search indexing such as Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with designing & implementing interfaces & infrastructure for large volume services & APIs.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, & the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health & Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision & disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco & take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the worlds largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel & device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges & value entrepreneurship, humility, & constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build & that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running & tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.