Squarespace is looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will help expand support for our technical product suite. Its an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our developer users & expand our API offerings. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding & supporting our technical users & partners. Were looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite & contributing to the team through a mix of coding, customer communication, support, consultations, & content creation (blog posts, videos, technical documentation).
At Squarespace, our Technical Product Support team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our entire product suite. We partner with a variety of teamsFrom Engineering to debug & patch issues to Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will help us support external developers who build with Squarespace products & consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report to the Manager of Technical Product Support.
- Advise valued customers & business partners on best practices developing websites & integrations with Squarespace products
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace consumer & Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, & evaluating bugs & improvements with Product & Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) & business-to-consumer (B2C) inquiries through technical consultations, email, & persistent chats
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting & distilling user feedback to validate & influence product & engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation & our Developer Portal
- Support our APIs, webhooks, OAuth product
- 2+ years of Development background (on-the-job experience preferred but open to development bootcamp grads)
- Experience with web development
- Experience working on issues needing understanding of APIs (REST, OAuth), microservices, & databases.
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating & troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, & behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
- Youre empathetic with the ability to put yourself in the customers shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs or fix their issues
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, team collaboration, teaching & learning from others
- You enjoy making complex technical concepts accessible & understandable to all kinds of audiences
- You enjoy figuring things out & picking up new skills quicklywith a passion for learning how things work & how to use new technologies
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.