Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Insurance Operations Processor to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will process incoming work associated with Claims & Eligibility operations following standard operating procedures. You will ensure accurate adjudication of claims & eligibility related functions, uncover process discrepancies, & answer escalated member & provider questions.
You will report into the Insurance Operations Manager.
- Establish in-house expertise on all Insurance Operations-related matters to answer questions regarding the flow of work through the systems of Insurance Operations
- Support the Insurance Ops team by identifying issues & presenting resolutions
- Take ownership of monitoring, tracking & checking status of the health of all work in progress issues
- Manage the escalation & resolution process with vendors to ensure appropriate turnaround times
- Contribute to team-wide goals to improve processes & integrate additional functions into our daily operations
- Form relationships with all partners
- 3+ years of professional experience or a Bachelors degree
- In-depth knowledge of Insurance Operations processing protocols & payment schemes
- Knowledge of adjustment processing, medical terminology, CPT, & revenue codes
- Experience handling Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Experience manipulating & entering accurate data in a production-driven environment
- Excel & initial SQL skills (or the ability to pick it up quickly)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.