Senior Analyst, Consumer
Research technology markets & companies. Help clients make decisions. Publish compelling research.
If you are passionate about emerging trends in the consumer goods & digital engagement space, including everything from D2C & the digital marketing to smart home & fitness tech, then we have the role for you.
The role you'll play:
Interested in a unique opportunity to produce the most digestible & most actionable insight into technology markets & vendors? Are you able to develop a viewpoint & package insights into research that is prescriptive rather than merely descriptive?
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is a unique seat with a view into accelerating technology change. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. You are working at a growing SaaS startup, while also spending your day analyzing the tech markets & companies driving tech disruption across industries. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform & its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious & driven people you will ever meet & held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts & editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, & medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with both startups & incumbents in your industry, & have the ear of senior decision makers.
- Using CB Insights proprietary data set & analytic tools, write reports on technology & investment trends in D2C, digital engagement, connected products & services, & more, for corporate strategy, venture capital, & technology decision maker clients.
- Lead client-directed startup scouting, market research, & technology assessment projects.
- Develop forward-looking analyses & insights for public-facing reports on consumer technologies.
- Support PR & media requests with subject matter expertise.
- Develop & give client & prospect client presentations to discuss market trends.
- Proactively identify industry trends & client needs to guide content planning.
- Must be passionate & knowledgeable about technology investment, venture capital, & early-stage innovation in consumer-related fields.
- 6+ years professional experience working in consumer product, digital marketing, consumer services, or related investment banking, equity research, consulting, or journalism experience.
- Writing experience within the above fields is a must - ability to synthesize complex concepts into digestible, forward looking insights.
- Demonstrate a contagious passion for the material: Should be a startup / tech geek passionate about all things consumer related.
- Strong communication/presentation skills & leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients & prospects as an authority on trends & investment activity in the consumer products industry.
- Some startup experience is a plus, a thick skin & high tolerance for change required
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
What CB Insights is All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the United States & to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!