Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change Lives.
Were looking for an Enterprise Account Manager to support the growth & success of an exciting new business within Meetup. The Enterprise team connects the thriving communities on Meetup with companies (e.g. brands, service providers, recruiters, etc) who wish to engage with them through a brand new sponsorship offering. Enterprise interviews both Organizers & potential sponsors to understand their wants, needs & interests so we can pair them together in a way that bring new forms of value to all.
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Account Management, Enterprise Account Manager is responsible for selecting, on-boarding, & the long term success of Organizers on Meetups new sponsorship program.
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out the best ways to identify, qualify, approve & onboard organizers into a sponsorship program
- Determine the characteristics of the ideal organizers for sponsorship, the most compelling value proposition to attract them, & most effective ways to match them with prospective sponsors.
- Research & interview the organizers & sponsors currently working together on Meetup without our involvement to ensure that our offering brings far greater value than whats available in the market today
- Interview organizers & sponsors to help develop the packages, pricing & business model for this sponsorship marketplace
- Manage expectations, deliverables, processes, & tracking to facilitate sponsored events which delight all parties & get them to indicate interest in doing it again
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out how to scale our sponsorship model
- Develop a strategic playbook to grow supply by city, by vertical, & by use-case which considers passive (e.g. marketing to drive organizer applications) & active tactics (e.g. inside sales to acquire organizers)
- Partner with Business Strategy to identify & measure KPIs & maintain a financial model which identifies key growth levers & forecasts performance based on critical assumptions & performance metrics
- Partner with Product to identify & build light internal development solutions to generate leads, convert & onboard organizers, & drive organizer success.
- A people person: 3+ years of previous account management / customer success experience & are comfortable working with everyone from C-Suite executives to interns
- An Innovator: Experience developing & scaling a new business, either at a start-up or within a larger company
- An educator: you are able to coach clients on strategic community management, & best practices on Meetup
- An entrepreneur: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency & can work within undefined processes
- An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations
- An experimenter: youre comfortable trying out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales
- Someone who is detail-oriented: youre highly organized & can handle multiple accounts & lots of events with ease
- Background in project management, formal or informal not required but preferred
- Background in Community or Experiential Marketing not required, but preferred
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?