Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional & regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, were giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster & more cost-effective ways. Were also building solutions for some of the worlds best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper & with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure & outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
Paxos is a product-led organization, with almost half of the company dedicated to product, engineering, site reliability, & security. As we plan to roll out new products & functionality, 50% of our planned headcount growth will be in our Engineering Department, & we are growing the team in New York & London.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. Our current team is made up of 40+ engineers, with a range of experience in startups & technologies. Senior Software Engineers are responsible for building, implementing & scaling key features of Paxos products, & will influence technical decisions that impact our code-base. Every engineer, despite seniority, has the ability & opportunity to influence our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, & spearhead best practices that enable a high quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, & strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Paxos uses a mix of open source technologies to build our products. While the exact technology or framework an engineer uses depends on the product they support, our engineers work with:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- React.js Typescript
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault
What Youll Work On:
- Depending on your technical skills, you could work on our APIs, the crypto exchange, or our blockchain settlements products. Were constantly rolling out new features & adapting our existing products to meet user news or address technical challenges
- Partner with product managers, security engineers, & our operations team to roll out secure & scalable products
- Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring & technical leadership, they make others better & raise the bar for all around them.
We look for Senior Software Engineers who:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Are technical experts in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, & algorithmic complexity
- Can understand & articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations
- Are eager to work openly & collaboratively with a diverse team & are willing to mentor more junior members of the team
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the company
- Constantly seek to learn new technologies & better ways to solve engineering challenges
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries & flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, & pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in the Flatiron District with a smart & passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
Podcast with Paxos Founder
Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
Paxos Founder on CNBCs Mad Money
Paxos in the WSJ