Noom is looking for a Sr Copywriter to support the Creative & Growth Marketing Teams in bringing the brand to life across the spectrum of digital & traditional platforms. Ideal candidate is familiar with iterative creative practices & thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. Read on if you think you've got the stuff.
A Disruptor in the weight loss industry, Noom combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our mobile applications cover chronic/pre-chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, & obesity to name a few), reaching more than 45 million users worldwide, & transforming millions of lives. The Creative & Growth Marketing Teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle And this is where you come in!
You will play a critical role in crafting, defining & refining the brand voice of Noom. Working collaboratively with the Creative Team, with support from analysts, engineers, growth leaders, & our co-founders (were still a startup!) you will help establish the tone & messaging that will directly & positively impact the growth of our digital product. Through on-brand concepting, writing & editing you will help tell our story across all consumer-facing touchpoints, with an emphasis on thumb-stoppable video ads.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING:
- Creating ads that compel millions of people to take the first step in changing their lives for the better. [Seriously, this feels awesome.]
- Working directly with the Creative Director & internal creative team to create compelling ads that drive conversion, sign up, & retention. [Driving revenue also feels awesome]
- Pitching & brainstorming ad/branding ideas that propel the brand into the stratosphere.
- Seeking out new opportunities to expand our reach on new platforms, creating compelling, channel-specific ideas & messages.
- Collaborating with external creative partners to ensure they produce content that, well, we would.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- A kick-ass writer with an experimental mindset, always looking to learn & iterate & improve on an idea.
- A writer who thrives on the challenge of creating ads that actually deliver performance.
- Someone who takes it personally (in the right way), who wants to figure why something did/didnt resonate & go at it again.
- A writer who is super familiar with direct response marketing and/or a subscription-based business models.
- An Idea machine! We are a growing creative department that tests creative at a tremendous rate.
- An awareness of trends in culture, in particular the digital space, & a desire to take risks & experiment with new & unique ways a brand shows up in the world.
- Someone who is self-motivated & able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills & an encouraging, team-focused attitude.
- 4+ years of experience, or just someone we would kick ourselves if we didnt hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer & do not discriminate or tolerate discrimination against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy extends to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, transfer & termination.