DoorDash is looking for Field Operations Managers to help scope, manage & scale our Grocery business. As a Field Operations Manager, you will help steer the companys effort to adopt & partner with grocers at all levels of the sector. Youll be our go-to-problem solver for any on-the-ground operational issues with our top partners, communicate with internal & external stakeholders & support our pick & pack effort to help 10x the business.
Grocery eCommerce is projected to reach >10% of a $1trillion market in the next five years, & DoorDash is committed to becoming a leader in this sector. Our pick & pack team is what will get us there!
What Youll Do
- Own - You will own a subset of grocers & be responsible for all of their pick & pack metrics. Be able to pitch & speak about our three-sided marketplace to grocers & drive business results.
- Engage - Assist the Grocery team with high touch problems with our partners from projecting staffing needs for pick & pack to hopping on a plane to meet with a top Grocer partner in person
- Analyze - Conduct analysis on order data, utilization of shoppers & share data-driven insights
- Optimize Identify common issues across your brands, design initiatives that will solve the problem & scale across the org to ensure a world-class operation
- Influence - Work cross-functionally with our Partnerships, Operations & Sales teams to ensure that our grocers have the best possible experience when using DoorDashs services.
- Experiment Use data-driven decision making & sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the number of pickers needed in a specific store.
- Self-starter You have a bias towards action & are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Empathetic You keep the customer, & their needs, at the forefront of your decision making
- Builder You want to build the playbook not follow someone elses
- Naturally curious You always look for ways to innovate & improve
- Entrepreneurial You crave responsibility & want to shape the vision of our operations for our merchants
- Gritty You roll up your sleeves & do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder You can influence & maintain relationships with our business partners as well as internal stakeholders
- Problem solver You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans when it comes to merchant, dasher, & customer operations
- 2-3 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, & succeeding in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert communication & interpersonal skills
- Partnership experience
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
Today, were one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But thats just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities & local economies work. Make no mistake, it isnt going to be easy, & our mission isnt for the faint of heart. But if youre daring, & you want to make a dent, lets chat.