Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
The Account Services Associate will work with our sales & creative teams to manage the day-to-day production of ad campaigns, serving as the main point-of-contact for many of our clients. Whats that mean, you say? You can look at the bullets below. But if you enjoy reading scripts, youll keep going (because thats also a part of this role). Youre the kind of person whos excited by audio as a storytelling medium. You love taking big ideas & making sure theyre translated into audio in the best possible way. And when they arent, you know how to diplomatically convey that feedback to a client or an internal team. Youre talented but maybe a little self-deprecating about it. Above all, you want to work on a close-knit team who does whatever it takes to hit deadlines while still making quality content for our brand partners.
Gimlet is a fast-paced, high-growth environment, & youll be working across ad campaigns on current & upcoming Gimlet podcasts, project managing the creation of the pre/mid/post-roll ads on those shows. This role reports to Gimlet Creatives Senior Account Services Manager.
What Youll Do
- Coordinate the day-to-day production of standard ad (pre/mid/post-roll) campaigns with the Gimlet creative team (including sales, branded content producers, & ad sales marketers)
- Effectively & diplomatically communicate with clients & internal teams on a day-to-day basis
- Lead client calls, such as weekly status updates & kick-off calls
- Create internal & external timelines for campaigns
- Meet & manage campaign deadlines in a casual but effective manner
- Identify strategies & emerging trends in the podcast space & work proactively to turn them into innovative programs for partners
- Create visually stunning & informative kickoff call decks & program wrap reports
Who You Are/What You Have
- 1-3 years experience in a client-facing, project management or ad sales marketing role, preferably with a focus on branded content
- Experience interfacing with high-caliber clients, translating their needs to creative teams & vice versa
- Creative thinker & clever wordsmith
- Effective but diplomatic communication skills
- Talented multitasker, & organized to a fault
- Proactive & savvy problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative culture, embracing & effectively implementing feedback
- Attention to detail & design
- Deep understanding of Google Suite products, & exceptional Google Slides, Keynote, and/or Powerpoint skills
Please submit your resume & a cover letter, along with any work samples you may have. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users & our creators. This is something we value deeply & we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.