The Inventory Supervisor will be responsible for daily inventory processes, reporting, and
control at the Newark, NJ Distribution Center as well as being responsible for managing
inventory team members assigned to individual divisions. We are looking for someone who will build, improve, & tightly manage all
daily inventory processes. This is a critical role that will work closely with the Warehouse Manager,
Supply Chain, Finance, & Accounting to ensure inventory completeness & accuracy.
- Ensure a high level of internal & external customer service. Investigate (and correct) team member issues & complaints.
- Manages the department engaged in essential warehouse functions (receiving, shipping, & distribution) to ensure high productivity & high technical integrity.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various departments
- Plan & execute cycle count as described in each area of the facility.
- Establish & maintain inventory handling procedures within the facility.
- Collaborate with operations on procedures & processes surrounding warehouse management system inventory locations.
- Identify root causes of inventory discrepancies through cause & effect analysis
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & procedures.
- Conduct random audits to ensure Standard Operating Procedures are being followed.
- Direct, coordinate, & evaluate inventory management & control operations.
- Ability to build & manage a cohesive team that can work together under short timelines & sometimes ambiguous circumstances
- Bachelor's degree, or related management work experience
- At least 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment
- Flexibility to work varying schedules including weekends as needed
- Experience in Inventory Management, with the proven ability to motivate & coach staff to achieve high quality results
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal & written) & collaboration skills
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities with the ability to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) & independently to deliver results
- Experience implementing a wide range of change management & process improvement activities, based on broader organizational goals
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.