Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
~Please consider the multiple postings for this role within different regions of the country reflect the intention to hire a single Director of Product Marketing at this time who is interested in remote work. ~
About the Director of Product Marketing role:
As a Director of Product Marketing, you will manage a team of Product Marketing experts in a fast-paced, growth-oriented marketing organization. You will be accountable for driving winning Go-To-Market strategies, enabling our front-line teams, messaging & positioning for your portfolio, & partnering with our Product Management organization to drive the long-term agenda for our solutions & brand. If you are passionate about driving effective & accountable government, partnering closely with sales & marketing to increase market impact, & delivering winning strategies for delivering financial, operational, & transparency solutions to public sector enterprises --- this may be a fit for you!
Director of Product Marketing Responsibilities:
• Manage, groom, & coach a team of product marketers for one of OpenGov's most strategic product portfolios
• Represent our Go To Market strategy & the product marketing team with senior executives & planning committees
• Own the competitive intelligence related to your product portfolio, including win/loss analysis, data gathering, competitive assessments, & arming OpenGov with competitive differentiators to inform messaging & positioning throughout the sales cycle
• Generate go-to-market messaging & positioning to inform content creation & Go To Market strategy
• Research public sector market dynamics, including pains, priorities, news, legislation, customers, in-house sales, product, & Customer
• Success resources to inform our value proposition & position within the market
• Collateral & content creation: Generate company slide decks, product & process one-pagers, field enablement materials, e-books, training & other marketing videos, among other key content.
• Product & feature launches: Work with cross-functional teams to generate & execute against internal & external launch plans.
•Pricing & packaging: Develop pricing strategy with cross-functional team, generate & update internal/external documentation with Field Operations & Business Development teams.
• 8-10 years of successful experience marketing technology with documented results in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven marketing experience in SaaS B2B, government, financial software, reporting, budgeting/planning, and/or accounting software is ideal
• Passionate about marketing mission-driven technology to the public sector market
• Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct, & strong ability to execute on multiple priorities at once• Ability to remain focused & flexible during rapid change & competing priorities
• Documented ability to produce high-quality content at scale; ability to share high-quality content/deliverables examples from prior experience
• Capable of conducting sound market research & synthesizing into practical insights for use in company, product, & marketing strategies
• Ability to hold financial, initiative-based, & budget related conversations with government executives & other market stakeholders
• Acute self-awareness & desire to grow within an organization, personally & professionally
• Minimum of BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field; MBA or Masters Degree preferred• Excellent references (recent & relevant) from both former clients & employers