Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Staff Software Engineer as a full stack Java/J2EE developer for the Business Solution Product Development team. The Business Solutions Product Development team is part of Visa's Data Products Development organization & is responsible for designing, developing & managing 20+ applications & services for Visa's Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, & B2B payments solutions
Primary responsibilities will include:
- As part of a cross functional scrum team, design, develop & test new applications & maintain existing applications
- Contribute to enhancements, & corrections to existing Business Solutions applications codebase
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, & with good code quality
- Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis & resolution
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA & other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools & technology
- Participate in design & code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Develop code that complies with design specifications & meets security & Java/J2EE best practices.
- Build working relationships with global & virtual teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements & refinements to standards, best practices & development methodologies
- 8+ years of experience in design & development of large-scale products & services using Java/J2EE technologies
- Proficient in frameworks like Spring, Sprint MVC, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Services Development using SOAP or REST, JSON & XML
- Proficiency in GIT/Stash, Maven & Jenkins
- Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA & have high sense of accountability for qualityand timeliness.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects & manage priorities based on changing directions
- Past experience in the Payment industry and/or Commercial Card products is a plus
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.