Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
About the Position
We're a technical group of people working in a relaxed environment with various demanding infrastructure needs with a high standard of careful, detail-oriented, responsive professionalism. We manage a hybrid architecture with a multi-petabyte compute cluster & multi-million dollar AWS infrastructure. We heavily use & contribute to open source systems & aggressively build, adopt, & deploy new technologies & capabilities.
This is a great opportunity to manage serious infrastructure that is servicing large volumes of data & traffic, work with a large & outstanding engineering team, & employ state-of-the-art tools & techniques. We are currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineer or Senior Site Reliability Engineer depending on your experience.
In this role, youll
- Evaluate & implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance & reliability
- Develop & deliver creative solutions that enable engineering teams
- Build reliable systems at scale
- Support & enable engineering teams at Factual
- Drive improvements in capacity, reliability, availability & performance of core systems
- Participate in on-call rotation duties
What youll need
- Extensive production *NIX experience & shell scripting
- Ability to write code in ruby/python/go/perl or similar to solve automation/glue problems & develop effective tooling.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code techniques & practices & tooling like Terraform/CDK/Pulumi.
- Extensive knowledge of at least one configuration management system (Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt).
- Experience with modern observability/monitoring systems.
- Significant experience with at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, tcp/ip & related services.
- Extensive experience with containers & container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos & others
- Exposure to big data & data pipelines is a plus, particularly with the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Exposure to data pipeline orchestration systems .
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Thrive in a startup environment & enjoy wearing many hats
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings & Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family Planning & Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.