Proudly Farmers First!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation & technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network (FBN)!
FBN was created by farmers for farmers & is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce & community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability & sustainability of family farms & rural communities.
We are a dynamic, & innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation & benefits & is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek.
DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
The Director of Technical Accounting & Reporting is a high profile & key position on the finance team & has the ability to meaningfully impact FBNs continued growth. The successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, & able to think & act both strategically & independently. This position operates in a face-paced environment & must be able to react quickly to support the companys growth.
- Research technical accounting guidance from the FASB, SEC & other regulatory bodies & draft accounting memos on purchase accounting, revenue recognition, derivatives accounting, lease accounting, stock-based compensation & new accounting pronouncements.
- Own the company financial statements & future SEC reporting processes while ensuring financials are prepared accurately, timely & in accordance with GAAP. Provide guidance on non-GAAP disclosures. Experience with & ability to draft earnings releases, SEC disclosures & compliance reports under a tight timeframe.
- Develop relationships with & provide guidance & advice to FBNs management team, having the ability to influence business decisions of the company.
- Manage relationships with outside advisors that impact areas of responsibility, including purchase accounting advisors, technical accounting advisors & 409a advisors.
- Hands on responsibilities comprise of various month-end close procedures (stock-based compensation, purchase accounting & other technical accounting items), including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, & financial reports as required.
- Ability to oversee & manage a small but growing team.
- Establish & maintain accounting policies & procedures & internal controls, collaborating with the financial compliance team.
- Coordinate with external auditors, manage the audit process for areas within job scope, & provide audit supporting documentation for quarterly reviews & annual audits.
- Proactively identify issues & implement process improvements to ensure FBNs reporting is compliant with public company reporting requirements.
- Draft well written memos, position papers, financial statement disclosures & any other correspondence needed with regulatory authorities.
- Perform other special projects & analyses as directed by management.
- 12+ years accounting experience in the Big 4 & industry, including public company experience & Form S-1 filings.
- CPA required
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules & regulations, & financial statement preparation.
- Ability to think outside the box & provide suggestions & guidance in addition to having strong technical knowledge.
- Strong technical research skills, including experience with US GAAP & other accounting standards research related to revenue recognition & inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, inventory, equity accounting, consolidations, international accounting, derivatives inter-company transactions & corporate accounting & reporting is desirable.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, & adhere to deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Team player & solid communicator; strong interpersonal skills including flexibility & dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation & title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience & qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, & dental insurance.
Farmers Business Network is an equal opportunity employer & participates in U.S. Citizenship & Immigrations E-Verify program.