Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Consumer Trust who is passionate about program management, technical operations & upholding the complexities of a scaling Fraud team. Risk Platform builds trust by building products, services & tools that detect & prevent fraud & abuse as well as implementing appropriate profile & use case vetting of new customers & stopping bad actors. We require a fast-thinking team-player able to wrangle complexity across both multiple teams & systems. This role will lead Risk Platforms program/ project management, technical operations, & incident responses. This is a new role for Risk Platform & presents an opportunity for the right candidate to build out a first class program management & operations process exemplar that Risk Platform & Twilio apart in how we protect a quality SaaS offering.
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading technical projects or operations. They also have:
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Excellent Problem Solving & Trouble Shooting skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, especially for cross-team & projects with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from engineers to executives
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence & dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams & track global view of program risks/ issues/ dependencies
- Skill in delivering verbal & written communications to customers that demonstrate an ability to accurately convey information & a sensitivity to the customers experience
- 5-8 years experience in a technical development or operations role with 3+ years managing technical operations or supporting an enterprise level platform
- Four-year Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
As a Technical Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES:
- Coordinate the response & recovery activities for P1 & P2 customer-impacting issues, including leading development of RFO (Reason For Outage) & related customer communications. On call support for P1 incidents.
- Collaborate with centralized Platform SRE & Incident response teams as we evolve & standardize our processes
- Collaborate with centralized Crisis Management to guide Consumer Trust BCP/DR definition, planning, & exercises.
WRITE IT DOWN:
- Document program/ project plans for complex cross-team initiatives & work with multiple teams both inside & outside of Consumer Trust to drive results on-schedule
- Facilitate all P1 & P2 post-mortems, documenting root cause analysis & tracking of resolution of identified fixes & betterments.
DRAW THE OWL:
- Contribute to the definition, development & tracking of effective metrics & R&D improvements that drive improved BU operating performance against SLAs/SLOs
- Consolidate technical operating metrics & lead a regular technical operations review at the BU level. Represent the BU at the corporate level monthly metrics review.
- Drive ownership & standard operating procedures for the many, configurable anti-fraud systems that we operate within Risk Platform; create processes that ensure quality & data-driven decisions in all rule & anti-fraud system configuration
- Gather data from BU teams, industry best practices, & SRE team to lead the definition & adoption of standard monitoring & operability metrics that improve observability & response for issues & incidents for the BU
- Prioritize & define ROI of operability improvements in a way that is compelling & understandable to Product
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally & every month, billions of voice & video calls are made & billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy & security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform & were able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilios customers remain compliant & have the most engaged & relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy & help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25% travel expected both domestically & internationally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.