WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Our mission is to provide meaningful, consistent, timely, & high-quality data services throughout The Knot Worldwide (TKWW).
The Lead Data Engineer plays a key role & the expectations are high. We expect our leads to be fluent in architecting & solution data stores & warehouses that will be used throughout the organization.
This is a multi-disciplinary role that involves managing IaaS, SaaS resources as well as utilizing your skills in scripting languages such as python, & shell. This includes coding techniques within our enterprise ETL / ELT & Business Intelligence reporting tools.
The Lead Data Engineer takes on tasks based on topic areas & given OKRs. Data delivery is key, additionally following standard & sustainable processes & solutions.
The Lead Data Engineer is expected to communicate results & respective contributions to management for The Knot WorldWide.
Finally, your contributions will be seen as valuable & leading data-driven for this software product company in the wedding events industry.
- Extract, load & transform data from The Knot Worldwide & other sources to our DataWarehouse for the consumption of our end users.
- Architect & develop advanced solutions for integrating between disparate systems which include cloud-based sources, API & AWS Services
- Maintaining current ETL processes & resolving daily ETL job failures as they arise
- Resolve Ad-hoc data questions from the organization in a timely & accurate manner
- Continuous improvement on current ETL processes to ensure accuracy, timeliness & scalability as data volumes grow.
- Identify through documented or current issues, data structural problems that increase inconsistencies & reduce quality & performance within the enterprise set of systems & the related data stores
- Bring awareness & communicate standards across the data landscape
- Introduce a consistent change management process that aligns with our standards; examples are: new field, object & data creation
- Support project efforts that seek to reduce technical debt, example: (Multiple data stores that are redundant)
- Analyze, propose & seek to establish data permissions & profile segmentation aligning to standards such as Personas
- Document built processes & data content & publish needed information to our data dictionary
- Provide guidance to team members with respect to best practices
- Participate in maintaining quality & governance standards
- Collaborate with Data Engineering leadership on data standardization & integration best practices
SUCCESSFUL LEAD DATA ENGINEERS HAVE:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field is preferred. An advanced degree or professional licensing is a plus.
- Programming experience & a demonstrated interest in data trends, data analysis, quality, movement, measurement, profiling, reporting & analytics
- Proven & demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of data movement, monitoring & management technologies
- Minimum of 7 years experience with SQL & advanced relational, operational, object-oriented & data warehouse development
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following databases (MYSQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, MSSQL, Redshift, MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Minimum of 5 years experience actively working with AWS services (S3, Lambda, SNS, EC2, Load Balancers, Routing tables, EMR, VDI / PCI networking)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy & enthusiasm
- Present ideas, expectations & information in a concise well-organized way
- Conduct research & make recommendations on data requirements, products & data services
- Demonstrated ability to act in a lead role
- Ability to ramp up in a short time on new technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex integration issues
- Manage time well, whilst correctly prioritizing tasks
- Experience with advanced Ralph Kimball dimensional modelling architecture
- Experience in database OLTP schema design & architecture models
- Experience developing advanced data pipelines & streaming channels
- Experience with at least one Business Intelligence tool such as Qlik & or Metabase
- Experience with Big Data Solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery & or Hadoop
- Experience with ETL / ELT platforms such as Matillion, Dell Boomi, Luigi, Informatica, Talend, & or SSIS
- Programming experience with Ruby, Python, Scala, Shell Scripting
- Ability to ramp up quickly & fully exploit platform advanced feature sets
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.