SquareFoot is building the commercial real estate company for the 21st century, bringing technology & transparency to an industry that's historically had neither. Weve already helped more than 1,000 clients find the right office space for their organizations & we are just getting started. If youre looking to make an impact on a multi trillion dollar industry - & do it in New York City, the largest commercial real estate market in the world - now is the time to get involved.
Were looking for a Product Designer to help define & deliver the user experience of our web & mobile products. You will have an eye for simple, intuitive, & elegant designs that are developed by user research & user testing methodologies. You will be expected utilize your UX design, visual design, & user research skills to help define SquareFoot products. This position is full time & based in New York City.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Perform your own user research & user testing to create user centered designs
- Design flows & experiences that are simple & elegant
- Balance both enterprise & consumer products, target audiences, & the work flows between them
- Partner with product, engineering, & marketing to oversee the experience of a product from conception until launch (and post launch)
- Discuss designs with engineering, have an understanding of how your designs are built, & what the technical limitations are
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years experience in product design
- Experience in building & shipping applications or software for both web & mobile (iOS)
- Communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, & native mobile technologies
- Bonus: Prior experience in a growth stage, venture-funded company
What Youll Get:
- Challenging & empowering workplace environment
- The ability to work in a fast growing startup that can jumpstart your career development
- Excellent benefits that include competitive health care, 401k, & commuter benefits
- The opportunity to join an incredible office culture with Book Club, Wine Nights, Volunteering Opportunities, & more
Squarefoot is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.