Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping developers build & deploy real-world applications.
DigitalOceans PaaS organization enables customers to easily build highly scalable creative applications & services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitive simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, & intuitive tutorials helping craft & run their software in the cloud.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean Marketplace team, you will be responsible for continuing to build the Marketplace product. Youll be a member of a team building an ecosystem of solutions with trusted partners to enable developers to design, build, deploy, & scale their ideas.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop the DigitalOcean Marketplace Platform.
- Collaborating to build intuitive, delightful experiences for developers as they engage with DigitalOcean & partner products & services.
- Developing back-end gRPC services written in Go deployed on DigitalOcean Kubernetes.
- Designing back-end service & authoring engineering design documents.
- Technical evaluation & integration with third party tools & services.
- Running experiments to optimize user experience & increase adoption of Marketplace products.
- Mentoring other engineers.
- Collaborating with team leads across DigitalOcean engineering to find improvements to our internal systems & clarify dependencies.
- Finding emerging tools, trends & methodologies & showing your team how to integrate them against existing systems & processes.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience with Go, Docker, & Kubernetes.
- Experience with API development & interactions with data stores such as MySQL.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered & tested code.
- Strong analytical, communication, & organizational skills.
- A strong interest & obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company & excitement to use our products in your projects (if you havent already!)
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!