Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the most agile data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration.
Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Denodo is looking for a smart, experienced, & highly motivated product marketing director to join the expanding marketing team. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the product marketing needs for the entire world with a specific focus on North America. That will include creating positioning, messaging, & compelling content; evangelizing Denodo value proposition through analysts, press/ media, & customers; being the spokesperson at tradeshows & at Denodo's field & online events; & working with sales teams to accelerate the sale.
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA. New York & Chicago also considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Positioning & Messaging: Understand the market & competitive position, & target market needs & create compelling content (product collateral, white papers, solution briefs, case studies, web copy, bylined articles, blogs, & press releases) at the business & technical levels for each target market.
2. Competitive Differentiation & Sales Enablement: Develop sales tools including PowerPoint presentations, solution selling sheets, & sales plays. Train sales, technical presales, & inside sales teams. Track & monitor competitive landscape, develop competitive cheat sheets, & ensure collateral & website accurately reflects the latest, differentiated product positioning.
3. Content Marketing: Create & maintain marketing collateral & messaging documents:
- Product collateral, website copy, emails, articles, press releases, white papers.
- Write Customer case studies by interviewing internal & customer personnel.
- Solution briefs for targeted verticals.
Work closely with product management team to translate technical vision into compelling messaging documents, marketing collateral, & demos.
4. Demand Generation Support & Presentations: Working closely with the demand generation team, you will develop strategy & content for several online/ offline marketing campaigns with a focus on results:
- Web seminars, tradeshows & events - with internal & external speakers.
- Text, newsletter, banner ads, whitepaper postings in targeted web / print media.
- Email marketing - email & landing page copy.
- Calling & email scripts & templates & VITO letters for telemarketing.
Support field marketing with presentation at tradeshows & events, & conversations with conference attendees at booths.
5. Product Evangelism: Collaborate with marketing communications team & support analyst & press relations activities. Establish contacts & relationships with analysts in established leading firms such as Gartner & Forrester. Conduct briefings & inquiries with the analysts, & help increase their recommendation of Denodo to their clients. Write thought leadership bylined articles for media placement & compelling press releases.
6. Social Evangelism: In support with social marketing team, write blogs, tweets, & engage in all aspects of social marketing to promote thought leadership & brand.
7. Customer Marketing: Establish & cultivate relationships with customers. Interview them & create case studies. Invite the customers to be speakers in tradeshows & webinars, & work with them to submit abstracts & develop presentations.
8. Partner Marketing: Work with partner marketing team to engage with product marketing / product management teams within partner organizations to create compelling joint value propositions, solution briefs, & case studies.
9. Team Management: Manage other product marketers working with other product marketing marketers, develop new content as well as adapt existing content to the regional needs, provide them enough resources for their execution, monitor execution & course-correct when needed, manage risk & rewards commensurately, motivate them to perform at their peak performance, & mentor them to grow their responsibilities & career.
1. BA/BS degree, preferably in Computer Science. MBA a plus.
2. 15+ years of experience in product marketing and/ or product management with a focus on data integration & data management in the enterprise B2B software sector. Preferably with international experience in the software industry.
3. Familiarity with enterprise middleware, data integration software, & cloud technologies.
4. Outstanding written & verbal communication skills - writing various types of collateral with demonstrated ability to write product literature, customer case studies, & white papers. Excellent presentation skills.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks in high activity, dynamic environment, with a penchant for delivering on time with high attention to detail & quality. Demonstrated ability to work individually on projects while collaborating with & supporting other team members.
6. Strong analytical & synthesizing skills to translate technical content into compelling, value-based messages.
7. Able to effectively communicate market needs & thrive in an international & cross-functional environment.
8. Hands on attitude & creative use of limited resources.
9. 5+ years of recruiting & managing highly skilled product marketing team. Experience managing remote employees helpful.
10. Team player, great at motivating employees, & being their coach.
11. Knowledge of & experience working with demand generation, field marketing, customer marketing, partner marketing, digital marketing, & creative marketing.
12. Available to travel internationally (20% - 40%).