The Farmers Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, & rampant misleading advertising, The Farmers Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmers Dogs first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog & home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals & is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Bretts battle to cure his dogs stomach issues illustrated how processed & un-healthy even organic & natural pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vets recommendation. The results were staggering Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful & healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food & create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmers Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only dream job applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
The Farmers Dog is looking for a Data Scientist specializing in natural language processing to join the Data Strategy & Insights team. You will be tasked with leveraging diverse data sets & your math & NLP skills to deepen & broaden the insights provided through our data as they relate to operations, finance, marketing, customer experience, & all aspects of our business.
As a Data Scientist, you will be a strong collaborator with the many amazing people at The Farmer's Dog.
Example projects you could work on:
- Provide insights to our CX / Customer Service teams on which issues most deeply affect our dogs & humans
- Help to predict issues before they arise so our team can resolve them seamlessly for our customers
- Work with our massive data sets of customer feedback to help identify best areas of improvement
You should feel extremely comfortable with all aspects of
- Word Embedding
- Feature Engineering
- Sequence Modeling
- Forecast Modeling
- Data cleaning & wrangling
- Strong familiarity with Tensorflow and/or Keras
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Have a look at our company & the other roles we are hiring. If this is your dream job, we encourage you to apply, regardless if the description below is you or not. Maybe we got it wrong? If so, show us.
In our mind, our ideal candidate might have a background similar to the following:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative or social sciences field
- Work experience in a high tech company
- Work experience in a retail or e-commerce business
- A meaningful personal project
- Ability to work in quick iterations, communicating strongly & openly between iterations.
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question & seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Plays nicely with others (humans & dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
Additionally, in this highly visible role you will have the opportunity to elevate the analytics functions at The Farmer's Dog through partnering with stakeholders at all levels of the company. In doing so, youll not only help analyze & understand trends, but youll have an active voice in the development & growth of the business.
PS Adding in Deep Learning keyword here. If you found this job programmatically, let us know & we will fast track you ;)