About the Role:
If youre passionate about building large scale data processing systems, & you are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable data platform used by every team, come join us. You will jump into an early stage team that builds the data transport, collection & orchestration layers. You will help shape the vision & architecture of WeWork's next generation data platform, making it easy for developers to build data-driven products & features. You are responsible for developing a reliable platform that scales with the companys incredible growth. Your efforts will allow accessibility to business & user behavior insights, using huge amounts of WeWork data to fuel several teams such as Analytics, Data Science, Sales, Revenue, Product, Growth & many others as well as empowering them to depend on each other reliably. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team & work with passionate leaders on challenging distributed systems problems.
About the Team:
Data is at the core of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our products & enabling the technology that powers them. We build & operate the platform used by the rest of the company for streaming & batch computation & to train ML models. Were building an ecosystem where consumers & producers of data can depend on each other safely. We thrive to build high quality systems we can be proud to open source & an amazing experience for our users & ourselves. We regard culture & trust highly & are looking forward to welcoming your contribution to the team.
- You will build & maintain a high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, & scalable data platform
- You will lead development of high leverage projects & capabilities of the platform
- You will partner with architects & business leaders to design & build robust services using storage layer, streaming & batch data
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions & handling failure scenarios
- Form a holistic understanding of tools, key business concepts (data tables), & the data dependencies & team dependencies
- You can help drive Storage layer & API features roadmap, be responsible in the overall engineering(design, implementation & testing)
- Building self-service platforms to power WeWorks Technology
- 7 - 9+ years of experience
- Experience & interest in writing production quality code in Java/Python/Scala/
- Experience shipping several high quality of complex software's release.
- When talking about dynamic data infrastructures - RDBMS, Columnar Databases, NoSQL & File-based storage solutions - you know these "under the hood".
- Experience with Query execution optimization (Columnar storage, push downs): Hive, Presto, Parquet,
- You have a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, & their real-world use cases.
- You have a strong knowledge of distributed systems concepts & principles (consistency & availability, liveness & safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- When thinking about Big Data processing you have a deep understanding of Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Flink or Apache Beam.
- Strong Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Distributed logging systems (Kafka, Pulsar, Kinesis, etc)
- IDL: Avro, Protobuf or Thrift
- MPP databases (Redshift, Vertica, )
- Workflow management (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, ...)
- Cloud storage: S3, GCS, ...
- Experience with contributing to open source software. Open source is on our heart.
- Experience with the following Cassandra, DynamoDB, RocksDB/LevelDB, Graphite, StatsD, CollectD
- WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
- We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
- We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.