Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation Q3 2017 evaluation, recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, & listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for an enthusiastic story-teller to join our Product Team to evangelize our email product. If not already a Product Evangelist, you would be coming from a Solutions Consulting or Product Marketing background. This is a key role within our product team that will strategize & partner with teams such as product marketing, enablement, sales, & support to build deep knowledge of our email platform. The evangelist will help enable & educate various stakeholders on the value of our email product.
- Own the execution of our email evangelism, & be the conduit between our product & go-to-market email strategy
- Engage regularly with the community via Slack, forums, Meetups, & trainings
- Research & generate content such as blog posts, troubleshooting/FAQ documents, case studies, & webinars
- Partner with the marketing team to identify initiatives such as conferences, webinars, & technical event sponsorship
- Work with enablement, sales, & customer success leadership to optimize our training materials for email
- Help traditional email marketers become sophisticated cross-channel marketers using the Braze platform
WHO YOU ARE
- 4-6 years experience in the software industry working as an evangelist, solutions consultant, product manager, or product marketer
- Experience in the email marketing and/or marketing automation industries
- Passion for developing expertise in a subject & engaging users
- Excellent communication skills, including speaking at conferences, conducting training, & articulating feedback (written/verbal) to internal teams
- Demonstrable experience directly researching & authoring sales & customer-facing content
- Proven experience writing high-quality thought leadership content of different lengths (e.g. blog posts, whitepapers)
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team & balance multiple projects at once.
- Ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders across multiple functions & geographies & establish buy-in.
- Eagerness to learn & grow.
- Bonus Points:
- Established reputation in the email community
- Previous experience working in a SaaS environment
- Community building experience, including organizing meetups
- Experience at high-growth & high-scale startups
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun-loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.