Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting,market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
Join the company behind the biggest developer community in the world as our Senior Vice President of Sales. If you are someone who is committed to enabling the success of your team, & believes in value create & collaboration, please read on!
You will lead the sales team strategy, structure & processes that drive revenue growth & mentor the sales leadership team in collaboration.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer & will directly manage the sales leadership team.
What youll do:
- Own the quota & lead the discussion & strategy on how to get to it. Subscribe to using a playbook. Must be process driven especially for territory & call panning.
- Coach, mentor, manage & lead Sales Directors who each have their own team of reps.
- Partner will General Managers for Talent & Ads & Teams business units in setting the go-forward strategy for those lines of business.
- Oversee & manage all sales initiatives. Track pipeline, achieve & exceed agreed upon revenue targets.
- Develop & administer sales programs, including proactively identifying program elements that build awareness, generate qualified leads, generate incremental growth, drive customer satisfaction & loyalty, & maximize impact. Collaborate with team leadership to execute.
- Establish meaningful relationships with executive leaders & other stakeholders within the sales, marketing & customer success organization.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations, customer success & product leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity.
- Plan & manage the team resources, ensuring they are efficiently deployed to support a broad range of customers across multiple segments.
- Participate in industry events/organizations as a thought leader & promote products/business solutions at conferences, forums & seminars.
- Operate within expense & program budgets.
What youll need to have:
- Must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a growing company with the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size & revenues.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment is strongly desired as well as experience growing a company or territory from nominal revenues to phenomenal revenues at least once in your career.
- Proven track record of driving multi-million growth businesses 50%+ year-over-year. Scaling SaaS Sales teams preferably in Enterprise with 12+ years sales leadership experience.
- Demonstrates forward-thinking approaches to selling techniques in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent skills in complex problem solving, project management, change management, & group process. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, & results orientation.
- Lead by example. Need someone that is very self-motivated, mature & humble. The product is terrific & the company is already making money. You just need to execute, hire the right people, & scale the business.
- Proven coach of sales leaders & account executives. Demonstrated ability to grow Account Executives into quota over-achievers & develop sales management. Candidate has successfully built & led a team of sales management whose teams have consistently over-performed.
- Proven ability to drive process (activities, pipeline management, forecasting). Experience is rooted in understanding sales is about process (e.g. activities lead to closes) & can easily talk to how an average week should be structured. The leader has a proven track record of & desire to run a data-driven business.
- Understands that this is a nimble growth business environment. You are collaborative. You are flexible. You are able to test, re-boot, & always look at data to re-pivot as needed. You are persistent, but positive. You are an executor. You have a High EQ & IQ.
- Experience with Salesforce & other sales related solutions is a must.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.