Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network & is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value & information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses & government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop & offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid & cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants & government entities with a secure, convenient & reliable way to pay & be paid in 170 countries & territories. The Global FSS team executes the approach of the technology solutions implemented to support the global Finance FP&A organization.
The FSS Senior Director of Controllers & FinOps Systems will report to the Global FSS Leader for Visa The role is expected to provide systems management oversight, oversee a portfolio of projects, & work with multiple Finance & Technology leaders to set the systems strategy for the company's core Controllers & Financial Operations applications. The leader is expected to provide systems project integration oversight, partner with IT system owners & IT PMO, & provide guidance & management for all Controllers & Financial Operations projects. The individual will be key to determining globally efficient solutions to meet a geographically dispersed user community. The individual will be a key advisor & partner to the Controllers & Financial Operations Leaders to deliver on the financial targets in their budget; & is also accountable for the delivery of technology solutions for global/regional Controllers & Financial Operations functions including Accounting, Tax, Transfer Pricing, Payables, Receivables, Sourcing & Contract Management functions. Finally, they are responsible for the leadership & management of the Controller & FinOps technology solutions partnering with Visa IT.
This position is required to have extensive Financial Systems expertise & a broad background in ERP technologies with a deep background supporting core Controllers (i.e. GL, AP, FA, Tax, Transfer Pricing, etc) & the Financial Operations (PO, Sourcing, Contracts, Receiving, etc.) systems. Prior Financial Services Industry experience is required, with a deep understanding of the functional & technical aspects of multiple ERP & SCM systems.
- Provide strategic direction for finance & how they can use various technologies to meet their requirements; generate & evaluate multiple options, work closely with senior executives to understand requirements, then work with IT to design & deliver/source the right solution
- Collaborate with the Finance Leaders for the Controllers, Product Controllers, Tax, Transfer Pricing & Financial Operations departments to ensure their organizational technology goals are met
- Have a deep understanding of these multi-entity department functions to establish a vision & technology roadmap for Controllers, Product Controllers, Tax, Transfer Pricing & the Financial Operations areas
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking & forecasting; manage teams to achieve target scope, schedule & cost
- Work with Business Sponsors to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives & sequenced by priority & resource availability
- Identify & manage dependencies & impacts among projects across the portfolio; manage issues escalated from related projects
- Work with business & technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets & project plans, & produce Statements of Work & other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Ensure that all Controllers & FinOps Systems projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology & Key Controls; & that accurate & timely information is collected & reported regularly on project portfolio progress & their financial status
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation & change control processes, & communicate status to senior executives within the within development & business partner organizations
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects & strategists, technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, & Visa senior management
- Demonstrate & leverage strong business & financial acumen
- Manage through influence customers & stakeholders, & properly manage divergent expectations
- Oversee 10+ simultaneous projects with an annual appropriations budget of ~$5M
- Ensure a strong control & governance framework is established & maintained to support SOX & Audit reviews
- Partner with Technology & other Business leaders to ensure their initiatives are met
- Facilitate Business & Technology discussions at various leadership levels to ensure alignment towards long term goals of Finance & IT
- Works closely with various Operations & Technology teams on software & hardware solutions to meet Business needs
- Communicates & collaborates with other Finance Systems Strategy leaders to Design solutions that meet Business & Project expectations
- Drive solutioning across business processes & technologies that includes Business Process Redesign
- Provide coaching & co-ordinate with HR for training, as required
- Perform Annual Performance Reviews
- Provide daily supervision & guidance
- Work closely with offshore teams, while maintaining a cost & quality focus
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in Financial Services Industry
- Experience with Finance modules of industry ERP systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, eBusiness, SAP, Workday, etc)
- ERP product implementation & project management experience
- 15+ years of Financial Systems experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in working with a majority of the Controllers & FinOps areas while contributing to senior management decision-making on how the technologies should be leveraged & integrated
- Proven analytical & reporting experience with Finance Systems within a global organization
- 15+ years of experience with industry ERP systems (i.e. PeopleSoft; eBusiness; SAP; etc)
- 5+ years at a Director or above level, managing Controllers & FinOps functional teams or other Finance type teams managing some of the following types of systems: General Ledger; Enterprise Hierarchy Management; Invoicing & Accounts Payable; Procurement & Sourcing; Fixed Assets; Reconciliation; Consolidation; & various Analytical Reporting tools
- 15+ years working with an Enterprise GL/AP/FA set of systems (e.g. PeopleSoft; eBusiness; SAP; Workday; etc)
- 10+ years of ERP product implementation & project management experience required (e.g. eBusiness, Hyperion, or PeopleSoft)
- Must have experience leading project teams through all phases of the technology implementation lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, build, go-live, testing)
- Experience managing large projects (>$3M) budgets, risks, resources, & staffing
- Exceptional conceptual & project management skills are required
- Budget development & control skills are required
- Must be self-motivated & have the ability to lead & motivate others
- Strong leadership & organization skills & management experience
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal, verbal, & written communications skills
- Should be able to work with off-shore vendors & resources spread out globally
- Extensive experience in working with external vendors
- Ability to communicate & work directly with business leaders across Finance & Technology
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, & best practices
- Independent judgment & mature decision-making skills to deal with projects that often have enterprise-wide scope & may have significant financial & compliance impacts
- Must be detail oriented & possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills, & time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must possess the skills to use multi-level analysis & sound judgment to work through organizational & process issues
- Previous consulting experience is beneficial, or practice in driving strategic direction across multiple lines of business
- Deep experience with Financial packages (e.g. PeopleSoft, eBusiness, Hyperion, OBIEE, Cognos, Tableau, etc)
- International experience ideally within a complex, matrix management organization
- Knowledge of the payments industry, in particular the card business within the banking environment, is desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.