At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is looking for a Technical Evangelist with expertise in cloud-native software, who possesses a passion for helping people & communities connect to our platform. The ideal candidate will enjoy educating & influencing broad audiences about new technologies & their benefits; will deliver outstanding content, technical expertise & support in a variety of formats. The candidate will work closely with our most critical clients & prospects to articulate the Cloudflare Global Platform message, drive deeper technical engagement & market adoption. Enhancing Cloudflares brand through evangelist efforts & strong social media presence is critical to the success of this role. This position will partner closely with our Engineering, Product, & GTM teams to drive impact of our security & performance platform.
What you'll do
- Work directly with customers & prospects to deliver executive level demonstrations, & partner with strategic sales to implement concepts & solutions within customer environments. Evangelise our technology platform relative to the status quo.
- Represent Cloudflare as a speaker at industry events, user groups, conferences, & briefings. Build relationships with key influencers in relevant communities. Create & deliver engaging technical & training content (e.g. tutorials, practical guides, whitepapers, blog posts, product demos, webinars, video chalk talks, etc.)
- Convey dynamic presentations, to own the voice & face of our products & solutions to broad audiences (in-person, onstage, & online).
- Develop strong working relationships & synergies between our field account teams & the technical product teams at Cloudflare HQ
- Operate as a subject matter expert on cloud security & performance technologies to enable sales & marketing teams with training & enablement tools. Excite & motivate the sales team to tell the Cloudflare story.
- Collaborate with Marketing to deploy case studies for reference in new sales opportunities & future marketing campaigns.
- Build a strong social media presence to champion relevant Cloudflare products to target communities, meetups, online forums, & dominant channels (Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, etc.).
- Collect product feedback & technical blockers to share with Product & Engineering teams.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 8+ years of experience in senior technology roles (technical marketing, developer advocacy or evangelism, technical product management, software engineering, or equivalent) with 2+ years experience in evangelism.
- Experience building & maintaining relationships with C-level & VP-level Executives at Global 2000 organizations.
- Excellent communication presentation & analytical skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer & dynamic public speaker.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects & working autonomously.
- High attention to detail & strong ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience with networking, cloud, security & performance technologies.
- Experience working with product management, engineering & field sales teams.
- Experience working with C Level & senior management in customer engagements.
- Ability to travel at least 30%.
Examples of additional experience
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure).
- Familiarity with DevOps methodologies & tooling.
- Proven track record of public presentations; conducting one or all of these is highly preferred: webinars, podcasts, presentations, training & writing blogs.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media & blogging.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.