At ACV Auctions, we arent just good for business; we are a good business. Our executive team is pioneering new technology for the automotive industry & is committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the industry & a preferred employer in the Buffalo area. Winner of the prestigious 43North Business Plan Competition ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity having an impact on the companys results from day one & grow as ACV Auctions does.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions Transportation is looking for an enthusiastic Transportation Administrator who has a knack for cars & wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Transportation is fast-paced & vital to our business; our buyers want their purchased vehicles as quickly as our sellers want them off of their lot. This role is responsible for assigning vehicle transportation to third parties & achieving the successful resolution of customer inquiries in a timely manner.
What will you do:
- Responsible for ensuring timely placement of transports with haulers.
- Proactively locate & vet a network of quality transportation services & companies.
- Understand the capabilities of each transporter & proactively match them to opportunities.
- Communicate the value of working with ACV & why they would want to partner with us.
- Manage relationships & retain quality services.
- Use Salesforce to track every relationship found.
- Empowered to adjust pricing & creatively link transports to create timely, cost-effective, quick service time movement of vehicles.
- Receive & execute on transportation-related inquiries regarding the delivery status.
- Work inter-departmentally as well as with sellers, buyers, & transporters to determine the status of transport.
- Follow through to ensure timely proper resolution & provide continuous communication to all parties involved.
- Assist in the identification & implementation of continuous improvement & customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Negotiate & contract rates with high volume transport partners.
- Deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in customer service, transportation, brokering.
- A reliable self-starter attitude that can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- The desire to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done; doing whatever it takes to delight a customer.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Able to navigate multiple departments.
- Comfort in talking to customers on the phone.
- Team Player who willingly accepts change & continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- A sense of urgency & self-motivation.
- Familiar with business technology (Microsoft Office Suite), Salesforce a plus.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- A chance to get in on the ground floor with a startup that is taking off!
- Flexible schedules
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.