Here at Zola, were seeking an exceptional Business Manager or Senior Business Manager, Vendor Discovery to help drive our fast-growing Vendor Discovery platform. This business is at a very early stage of development within a well-funded, growth-stage startup. Were looking for an entrepreneurial, scrappy, analytical, creative leader who can help grow this game-changing new opportunity.
Your goal in this role will be to exponentially grow the number of couples finding their perfect wedding vendor on Zola, while developing & testing ways to deliver more value to both couples & vendors. With the big picture in mind, & a firm grasp on the details, youll work with a cross-functional team to execute on the Vendor Discovery strategy, anticipate & make trade-offs, identify & solve bottlenecks, & deliver an amazing customer experience while keeping the business needs in mind. Youll report directly to the GM & SVP of Vendor Discovery, & youll partner closely with Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, & many other teams at Zola.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of success at growing businesses, ideally at a tech or consumer startup. You love both building & optimizing, & both strategizing & doing. You are a structured & creative thinker, able to toggle easily between the big themes & the little details. You have the technical depth to build trust with our product & engineering teams, & the business depth to work closely with Zola executives & build successful relationships with partners. You are equally comfortable in Excel & Powerpoint, & you can prove your ability to learn new systems quickly. And you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
Youll be responsible for:
- Being the Vendor Discovery business authority
- Informing the growth strategy, in partnership with the GM, & owning the execution of key pieces of that strategy
- Deeply understanding whats working & not working; digging into complex/ambiguous data to surface actionable insights & strategies
- Leading cross-functional teams on projects to help us grow
- Defining, developing & refining the Vendor Discovery business model
- Building ambitious annual plans for the business unit, then analyzing & reporting on performance along our primary KPIs
- Conducting business & financial analysis of new offerings/ideas
- Partnering with BI & Data Analytics teams to build out the data & analytics infrastructure for Vendor Discovery
- Deeply understanding both of our customer groups (the couple & the wedding vendor) & thinking creatively about how to serve them better
- Conducting & analyzing customer research; sharing insights widely within the team & company
- Partnering with Marketing & Product to continuously improve the way we serve couples & vendors
- Partnering as needed with Marketing & Business Development as they develop messaging, campaigns, & partnerships
- Collaborating with Product to identify new features, offerings, & opportunities.
- BA/BS; MBA strongly preferred
- 6+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment working in business operations, growth, strategy, or a related field
- Startup or other operating experience strongly preferred
- Title will be commensurate with experience
- Exceptional business & customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, & customer-obsessed
- Superior written & verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative & Excel skills; familiarity with SQL is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!