Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 5+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house litigation practice to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for supporting Pelotons senior attorneys & other internal clients across all locations & teams on litigation, pre-litigation, & insurance matters.
- Support Pelotons senior attorneys on a broad spectrum of litigation & pre-litigation matters, both affirmative & defensive claims. Assist in managing outside counsel (including local counsel in non-US jurisdictions), serving as the primary contact from the Peloton Legal team on fact discovery & review of pleadings.
- Provide legal advice & guidance to various business partners on dispute avoidance & be primarily responsible for assisting our member-facing teams in de-escalation of any member support issues.
- Manage insurance claims & claims for indemnification where applicable, & report to the broader Peloton Legal & Compliance team on risk management strategies.
- Investigate, draft, & respond to cease-and-desist letters; analyze contracts & other agreements; draft & negotiate settlement agreements.
- Assist with litigation diligence in connection with potential business acquisitions, & support post-acquisition case management for completed transactions.
- 5+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house litigation practice; secondment or in-house experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property rights & the legal issues that they present.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with an ability to simplify complicated legal concepts into plain English for your business partners.
- Collaborative & effective interpersonal & negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen & a creative problem solver.
- Experience with cross-border litigation in any of our non-US jurisdictions (currently the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, & Taiwan) is a plus.
- Must be an independent & strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large).
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to follow deadlines & multitask.
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, disruptive business.
- Member in good standing of the NY, CA, or comparable State Bar.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.