Lets get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether its our personalized daily vitamin packs & powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins & blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science & include a combination of highly-researched nutrients & traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance & better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, & Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new & existing customers & elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, & sustainable practices.
Were excited to meet you!
What youll do:
As the Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that quality is upheld throughout our packaging operation. You will supervise Quality Associates during the shift who will be inspecting packaging & labeling to ensure that all specifications have been met prior to the release of packaged products. Reporting directly into the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that procedures are followed at all times during your shift (Weekend) at the Fulfillment Center.
Weekend Shift: Friday - Sunday (7:00am-7:00pm)
- Review & approve electronic batch records for packaged products & other quality documentation.
- Address & resolve various quality issues that arise during production & support Quality investigations of non-conformances to specifications & drive root cause analysis, corrective. actions to prevent deviations from the SOP.
- Perform Product Evaluations for allergic reaction investigations.
- Manage Quality Inspection Associates & Team Leads on the shift for in-process inspections. Manage protocols for holds, rework, & other production deviations.
- Manage the sanitation associates & take responsibility for environmental monitoring programs, including temperature, humidity, cleaning, & micro.
- Review & approve appropriate logbook documentation including, but not limited to, those used for cleaning & equipment calibrations. required for GMP operation during the shift.
- Train new operations employees on established GMP, GDP, & other quality procedures. Provide employee coaching & development.
- Manage shift quality metrics & provide regular progress reports to the Quality Manager.
- Support internal & external audits activities for Care/of quality systems, with focus on box & GMP audits
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Quality Assurance in GMP environment & familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Ability to coach & train associates.
- Ability to work independently & within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A data-driven decision maker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in computers, especially software like Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience using inventory management or electronic batch record systems.
- People management experience.
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If youre submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Flexible vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins & powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected & building community.
- Socially & culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback & being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor & love; Recognize & stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental & physical abilities - in our work & beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Dont shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Dont be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality & the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, were committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential & support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, & inclusive space for our team to think differently & push the status quo is incredibly important to us; & we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, & how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate & will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability & require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.