About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job
Rent the Runway is seeking a Junior Copywriter to join our growing Brand Marketing & Content team. You will be responsible for developing & creating engaging content across organic & paid platforms focused on fashion, style & designer storytelling for both members & prospective customers. Most importantly, you will create stories that bring to life the Rent the Runway brand & subscription service. Ideal candidates are writers at their core, & have experience building content across web, native app, email, social & paid experiences.
Immersed in industry news & cultural happenings, you must be able to develop & package engaging content that elevates our authority within the fashion industry, with a strong understanding & passion for content marketing. You have excellent writing & communication skills, & are able to express the Rent the Runway brand & views creatively. You will report to the Senior Content Strategist, & will work closely with the Creative, Email, Engagement, Fashion, Merchandising, Styling, Growth, Engagement & PR teams.
What You'll Do
- Copywriting for key RTR channels with a focus on email marketing, site/app & paid social media
- Pitch new ideas, stories & content for key RTR channels with a focus on email, site & blog
- Create fashion, style, trend & designer content daily & create engaging brand stories
- Support Brand/Editorial Team with all content creation & calendar management
- Support Brand/Editorial Team with quarterly Marketing & Content strategy
- Bachelors degree plus 1-2+ years of experience in fashion editorial, magazines, retail, brand, content marketing or e-commerce
- A writer at your core youll be creating content on a daily basis, from writing emails for members to building out proposals for new designers
- Strong verbal & written communication skills & interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Proactive problem solver & thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our editorial & content
- Self-Starter: You have ownership over your domain, & are able to set a vision & drive process forward, pushing the envelope to bring new ideas to life & challenge the status quo
- You must be a learner always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- Theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Experience prioritizing & juggling numerous projects & deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Hustle: Driven by Rent the Runways mission & work tirelessly to identify the right fashion stories & content to tell across channels
- Think strategically, act tactically: Create broader strategic goals, & break down the tactical executions & steps that need to be taken in order to achieve the goals; you get it done & have fun while doing its
- Immersed in industry news & cultural happenings, you must have a strong eye for exciting new design talent, familiarity with data, & are an actioned oriented leader who is driven to bring the RTR fashion vision to life
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.