Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing technology company in the communications space with an expanding global footprint. At the same time that our business expands & grows, so does the importance of being a good data steward of the personal data we process. This is why we are looking for a Senior Privacy Governance Manager, reporting to our Director of Privacy Governance, to be a key contributor to our privacy governance program.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Privacy Governance Manager who lives the Twilio Magic & has helped scale or mature a privacy governance program in a fast-growing publicly-traded technology company that serves a diverse customer base, which includes both heavily-regulated & lightly-regulated businesses, & individual developers & large multinational companies. You are the right person for the role if you believe in the importance of data privacy, but also understand the practical obstacles of implementing those principles in a complex technological ecosystem in a fast-moving environment, have experience working cross-functionally to overcome those obstacles, & enjoy the challenge of it all. You will be the owner building & operationalizing our Privacy GRC program, reporting to the Director, Privacy Governance.
You also have:
- 6+ Years of Professional Experience, with significant privacy focus during this time; a CIPP, CIPM and/or CIPT certification(s) is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a privacy risk & vulnerability program
- Experience with cross mapping & adhering governance with global privacy frameworks, including the Privacy NIST Framework, CCPA, GDPR & other global frameworks.
- Work independently to partner with teams across different parts of the organization to conduct privacy impact assessments & guide the business in implementing good data privacy practices.
- Work collaboratively with business & technical teams to define & operationalize privacy governance requirements.
- Communicate professionally & effectively with regulatory authorities & auditors as necessary to support privacy compliance obligations or business needs.
- Advocate for the business value of the privacy governance program to internal stakeholders & constituencies
- Experience operationalizing & program managing new privacy regulations alongside engineering/product & other business processes.
- Strong ability to dig into PII & data flows from a technical perspectiveExperience working for a US based fast paced, fast growing, public tech SaaS company & working majority of the day west coast PST hours.
As Senior Privacy Governance Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & DRAW THE OWL: Help build, manage & improve upon our third party vendor privacy diligence & monitoring program. And, find innovative ways to improve & mature privacy governance processes that ensure we maintain high privacy standards while supporting & enabling the business.
- WRITE IT DOWN. Define & implement governance program policies & procedures, iterating to improve those processes & procedures over time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Understand your internal customer groups business needs & privacy governance requirements & work with teams across the organization to guide scalable solutions to operationalize these requirements. .
- BE BOLD: Serve as an internal privacy subject matter expert & advocate for data privacy best practices.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Monitor compliance with privacy governance controls.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. As our CEO Jeff Lawson has said, Trust is the number one thing we sell in the cloud. And, upholding high standards of data privacy is part of building & keeping the trust of our customers & employees. This is even more so as data privacy continues to grow as a high profile concern worldwide. That is why were looking for a self-directed team player who will help build out, scale, & maintain our privacy governance program to help Twilio meet & exceed our global data privacy obligations & commitments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in tackling hard problems & encourage creating your own solutions to problems. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.