Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform, powered by dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
Foursquares flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact & drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest & real-world behavior patterns (Places & Visits), & tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification & visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the Role:
As Sales Group Vice President - Media Services & Independent Agencies, you will be responsible for a sales team handling activity for all independent agencies & media services companies such as Goodway Group, Centro & MediaMonks, nationally. In this role, youll manage a dynamic sales team that creates deep ongoing relationships & demand for Foursquares products & services for Marketers including market-leading Targeting & Attribution solutions. You will be responsible for defining the strategy for the sales group, identify focus areas for growth, day-to-day management of sellers, & work across internal teams, partners, & clients to achieve your region revenue goals. Youll have the unique opportunity to be the leader of a high performing sales team responsible for a wide breadth of clients & contribute to our monetization efforts while working with a fast growing group of agencies, media service companies as well as brands directs to leverage Foursquares suite of ad products.
You should be both a strong strategic thinker & top-notch sales leader with senior-level client relationships & a positive reputation for being a leader team members & sales teams want to work for. Negotiation & relationship management skills are critical, as is a thorough understanding of the digital media industry; especially location, programmatic, mobile, overall data provider landscape & audience-based selling.
- Responsible for management & growth of the largest Foursquare Sales Team responsible for selling our Targeting & Attribution offerings to Marketers
- Territory planning, goal setting, & identify & manage the team to focus on key growth areas
- Manage day-to-day sellers across assigned group of clients & accounts in order to meet/exceed assigned regional revenue goal
- Continue to build a team of highly motivated sales professionals to prospect & sell Foursquares suite of ad products to ad agencies & brands
- Lead your team as they develop sales strategies with brand partners, agencies, & media services companies to drive large revenue programs & growth across top clients
- Assist your team as they create proactive proposals & respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote an environment of accountability through performance management
- Build & maintain a solid revenue pipeline
- Forecast, track & report sales performance for region & sales team
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Help shape the development of Foursquares GTM & focus across products as you work with your team across clients & bring market feedback to internal teams
- Work closely with members of Account Management & Sales Operations teams to help provide best-in-class client services, & enhance performance for clients
- 12+ years experience in digital media sales
- 5+ years experience in regional management with multiple direct reports
- Management experience leading & growing revenue in the mobile, location, programmatic and/or audience space
- Strong relationships across advertising agencies. direct clients, & the programmatic ecosystem. Work with media service companies & developing key partnerships across that segment is a plus.
- Experience developing a mid market sales strategy & team, as well as growing self service usage of marketing platforms across relevant client types is preferred.
- Strategic thinker that can evangelize & sell products that may be new to marketers
- Must have proven success meeting & exceeding annual revenue goals over $10mm
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, & organizational skills, & a strong commitment to detail
- Ability to lead people, train, recruit, coach, & develop a sales team
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Learning & development programs from individual contributors to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.