We're Food52, a groundbreaking & award-winning kitchen & home brand. We support, connect, & celebrate our community of cooks & home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully & live joyfully.
Were currently seeking a Full-Time Copywriter to join our growing copy team in our New York City office. This position is focused on email storytellingyoull be writing e-commerce & editorial copy for our emails, spotlighting Food52s specially curated collection of products along with our articles & recipes. In addition, youll take on a range of other copy projects, including but not limited to Shop product descriptions, landing pages, & Shop video copy.
But heres the thingwere looking for someone who can bring their personality & a sense of humor to their copywriting. Our voice is fun & specific, yes, but if you can merge into our lane while still driving your own car, that would be basically the best.
So dont be shy: Maybe your Instagram captions are hilarious, or you have your own shopping blog. Did you recently text your friends about a chocolate-chip cookie so good, you fell off a chair? This is the kind of friendly, relatable writing were looking for. (Huge bonus if you love making and/or eating food, & if youre already into our brand.)
This position will be a great fit for someone with 1-2 years of copywriting experience, & we love people who are eager to learn & grow with us. If you have a big imagination, the flexibility to take edits in stride, & can hit deadlines while still nailing the details, youll do great here.
- Tell the world about our Shop products, Editorial recipes, & articles in an inventive, inviting, & conversational way.
- Write a batch of emails in the Food52 brand voice every week, paying close attention to accuracy of information & incorporating feedback from Shop, Marketing, & Copy team members.
- Keep abreast of data trends & Shop performance to inform approach to subject lines, hooks, & copy.
- Work through a fast-paced email review process involving stakeholders across many teams, remaining flexible & agile with changes to copy.
- Keep an eye on the internet & the seasons at all times to spot trends worth incorporating into email promotions.
- Write product detail pages, working with our marketing & buying teams to learn the big story behind each one, then doing research & whipping it all up into a benefit-oriented & delightful description for our shoppers.
- Take on other copy projects as needed, including (but not limited to) video copy & landing pages.