Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about video storytelling & creating compelling content.
We are looking for a Video Producer to elevate DigitalOceans video production value & brand awareness through a multitude of visual production techniques. Reporting to the Video Marketing Manager, the Video Producer will ideate, strategize, & create education & marketing video content as it relates to the needs of our community.
Youll be working with an amazing team of creatives who encourage forward thinking to empower a brand that is both fun to work with, & respected in the industry. Additionally, this role will allow you to further develop all facets of your video production skill sets - from video editing, to motion graphics, & project management.
What Youll Be Doing:
The Producer will report to the Video Marketing Manager & help guide video & graphic projects from brainstorming through final delivery, with a focus on post-production. The role requires a highly detail-oriented individual with the ability to juggle multiple projects in different stages of production, manage internal & external expectations, know the ins & outs of the video editing & post-production process, & work with a fun & growing video marketing team.
The producer will be the point of contact for specified video projects related to internal production operations & external-facing marketing initiatives. The producer must be prepared to be client-facing, speaking to a project & helping guide a stakeholder through the production process. The producer will also have a strong focus on project management, from creating timelines, production schedules, & tickets, to managing graphic assets, brand guidelines, version control, & solving any bottlenecks that arise in post-production.
The producer will be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, as it relates to video post-production. This includes an advanced understanding of Premiere Pro & After Effects. Additionally, the producer should have some experience coordinating & filming small shoots. Experience conducting interviews on set is an added bonus.
The producer should be a self-starter & have a creative vision with each new project, always thinking of how to elevate our content, & proactively avoiding production/approval pitfalls. He or she should also be ready to wear multiple hats, & jump in & get their hands dirty, whether on a shoot, or just helping another teammate.
What Well Expect From You:
- Strong knowledge of the production & post-production process including planning, storyboarding, concepting, scripting, audio, motion graphics, social media integration, video editing, conducting video shoots, & strategic publishing.
- Excellent project management skills, particularly in post-production & timeline management
- The ability to create original motion graphic assets in After Effects, as well as animate existing imagery.
- Knowledge of production equipment & gear, camera & lighting setups, & experience building on set.
- Knowledge of proper remote recording practices & experience guiding remote interviews.
- Client-facing experience, & the ability to speak to the production process in an easy, clear, & concise fashion.
- Prepare & manage estimates & timelines & for project deliverables, working with the Video Marketing Manager on budgets & tracking expenditures in order to operate within the approved budget.
- Continuously enhance creative solutions & problem-solving skills. A strong passion for exploring the latest technology & video trends.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite & a growing expertise in their video-centric programs.
- Willingness to do remote & travel when needed to conduct high-level video shoots, audio sessions, & digital projects of varying complexity.
- Experience building, hosting, monitoring live streams is a bonus, but not a requirement
- Experience with Photoshop & Illustrator is a bonus, but not a requirement
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!