Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What were looking for:
Responsible for managing & developing the business intelligence function of the Revenue organization at Skillz. As the Revenue Intelligence Manager, you will help the team establish & execute a vision for the delivery of information, analytics platforms, & solutions to the businesss key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners & clients. The Revenue Intelligence team is ultimately responsible for ensuring Skillz continues to operate as a company that truly differentiates & competes on information & analytics.
- Partner with other teams to provide unbiased, analytical research & strategies to support the execution of corporate goals & provides growth opportunities & strategic business development
- Lead & participate in analytical studies to drive value for Skillz
- Create & maintain complex data queries, data visualizations, & dashboards
- Proactively ideate new & innovative methods for analyzing data
- Coordinate with Skillz engineering teams to ensure proper support & performance of the system
- Develop & mentor staff members
- Creates user documentation & leads training sessions
- 5+ years experience in data science, business intelligence, or an analytics & data heavy environment. Experience in gaming, e-commerce, technology, or entertainment/media is a plus
- Ability to develop solutions to improve the organizations data access & quality
- Analytical mindset with a Bachelors degree in engineering, data science, computer science, economics, or mathematics preferred
- Professional experience using data visualization platforms, SQL, & connecting data insights to strategy
- Experience working on cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical & business teams
- Demonstrated success in verbal & written communication with senior leadership to influence impactful change in the organization
- History of managing a team of direct reports is preferred
- Desire to help create a fun & productive culture
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.