Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
The Manager, Operations Finance is the finance liaison to the Operations team at Rent the Runway. Supply Chain at RTR covers fulfillment center operations including our sites in Secaucus, NJ, & Arlington, TX; our fully remote customer service team of more than 150 agents, all parcel/non-parcel transportation including forward & reverse logistics, & garment inventory performance. The Manager, Operations Finance reports through the finance organization & is an integral part of Financial Planning & Analysis for the Operations business area, working closely with other finance & Financial Planning & Analysis functions to develop & complete annual budgets, forecasts, & monthly performance.
About the Job:
The focus of this role is cost forecasting & performance reporting as it relates to transportation & logistics as well as customer service. Youll be the day-to-day point of contact & partner with the Head of Managed Transportation & Head of Customer Service along with related team members, in order to understand trends, forecast future spend & measure performance with a strong attention to detail. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, & strategic modeling, you will play a key role in partnering with the business & informing transportation & customer service team members of actual & projected performance in transportation & customer service. You will provide insight to key variances, analyze business trends, changes, & new initiatives in a fast-paced & highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. As the operations expand, youll continue to iterate the modeling & financial forecasting to provide leading insights into operating & financial performance as well as continued opportunities for improvement.
What Youll Do:
- Build financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the companys cost base & revenue projections
- Present, analyze, & interpret relevant financial data to senior Operations, Customer Service & Finance leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Track & report on performance relative to budget & forecast through detailed variance analysis
- Manage ongoing rolling weekly & monthly forecast updates for the Operation, including cost analysis for transportation, shipping planning, labor planning for customer service, & other Operations-related expenses
- Establish, track & monitor key operating metrics used to drive the Operation to greater efficiency
- Collaborate with operating & data science teams & provide fact-based recommendations that support targets & improve profitability, operating efficiency & effectiveness
- Be responsible for identifying & leading key initiatives that drive efficiencies, savings, & process reliability within the finance & accounting functions
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement & liaison with the various business departments
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- 3+ years financial or controllership experience with a degree in finance, accounting or statistics
- You have a strong financial & analytical background having supported the Operations and/or Customer Service function in a Finance or FP&A capacity
- You are proficient in financial analysis & model building
- You have strong attention to detail, can synthesize large volumes of information, & possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- You maintain & continue to develop your skills in reporting & analysis using tools like Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau & SQL.
- You work well with a breadth of support functions including engineering, operations, customer service, transportation, accounting & data science to package & evaluate financial performance.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.