DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager to join the Market Management team. This team is tasked with understanding the day to day of DoorDash, inside & out, across all lines of the P&L. This team monitors the business daily, identifying positive & negative trends & mapping out strategies to course correct where necessary. We pilot growth initiatives, moving quickly & often working cross functionally to ensure that we meet our goal across every city in which we operate, 24/365.
What youll do
- Strategize - Innovate & execute on unique strategies across our three sided marketplace.
- Engage implement scalable initiatives & best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Experiment Use data-driven decision making & sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze Build models to evaluate the economic & strategic costs & benefits of various programs & experiments
- Influence Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives & harness opportunities.
- Self-starter You have a bias towards action & are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountable - You want to own the outcome & make an impact on our most critical growth & profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial You crave responsibility & want to shape the vision & direction of the company
- Generalist You seek exposure to different types of problems & want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Gritty You roll up your sleeves & do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder You can influence & motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- 7 - 10 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, & succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication & interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses & dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, & living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local & national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States & Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about one dash at a time.