At Peloton, Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure we have a high quality, flexible, cost effective supply chain that is able to execute to our technical specifications & production requirements.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams & external partners/suppliers representing sourcing & procurement. You will identify & manage all packaging components, identify potential suppliers, drive DFx analysis, RFP/RFQs & build consensus to qualify those suppliers. Working closely with Packaging Engineering, HW, ID, Creative & Quality, you will lead the development, implementation & management of global sourcing strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, cost & supply.
- In depth knowledge of packaging components, structural design & processes corrugated, molded pulp, blow molds, rigid box, folding boxes, printing cards/manuals, films, labels etc.
- Technical knowledge of tooling, tooling standards & manufacturing processes
- Lead & support sustainability initiatives
- Understand market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements & competitive landscape
- Manage robust supplier selection using market analysis, leverage request for proposals (RFP/RFQs), data driven approach & should cost modeling.
- Lead quarterly executive business reviews presenting strategic sourcing plans that defines, among other things, market & business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities, SWOT analysis & strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up, qualification, capacity planning, assurance of supply & execution to project timelines/schedules
- Skilled negotiator driving execution of all contractual agreements, supplier initiatives including cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable commercial terms & conditions.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or consumer electronics environment
- 7+ years of direct experience in strategic sourcing/commodity management/global supply management
- Exceptional analytical skills (i.e. should cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier evaluation)
- Strong influencing skills & change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity & multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal & analytical skills