We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to initiate, plan, & execute projects focusing on our Houndify ASR (automatic speech recognition) product.
The highly optimized, tunable, & scalable ASR engine supports millions of users around the world across industries such as auto, mobile applications, medical devices, appliances, & more. Houndify ASR is an integral part of the overall Houndify developer platform.
In this role you will:
- Own the Houndify ASR roadmap & be able to define, prioritize, & execute based on input from a variety of stakeholders
- Translate product goals into product requirements, specs, user stories, & wireframes
- Drive delivery by working with cross functional teams including engineers, business development, marketing, designers, & data-scientists
- Make data driven decisions & set KPIs for the product
- Keep an eye on the market & the industry including competitive & market research
- Champion the product by giving demos to customers highlighting new & innovative features as well as key benefits & advantages
- Contribute anything & everything to make the product successful
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 3-5+ years of experience as a software Product Manager or equivalent, in a speech recognition field
- You have successfully shipped software products at scale in fast paced environments
- You are comfortable working directly with customers
- You believe communication & documentation is critical to a projects success
- You are self motivated, collaborative, & hands on
- You have experience writing code, code samples, blog posts, & developer facing documentation
- You have worked with a number of developer platforms & understand what makes them successful
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Wed be especially excited if:
- You have hands on software development experience
- You have the ability to create functional prototypes & conduct user research
- You understand both embedded & cloud solutions
- You have prior startup experience
- You have exposure to voice, search, natural language understanding, & related technologies
- You have a desire for periodic hands-on coding role in addition to the above responsibilities
This role can be based in our Santa Clara, CA office or Toronto, Canada office
At SoundHound, we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, were trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed & accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Were making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app & Hound voice assistant & through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, & Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists & linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, & a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.