At Squarespace, our in-house creative department controls every aspect of how we show up in the world, from the design of our products, to our advertising campaigns & social channels. We put a premium on visual beauty & storytelling & have assembled both the tools (double-walled cyc, lighting package, video & stills equipment) & the team (writers, designers, art directors, animators, filmmakers, photographers) to deliver it.
As our team expands, were seeking a Video Editor to work on a wide range of deliverables, from documentary shorts to graphics-driven content. You must have a knack for storytelling, the technical knowledge to work on complex projects with many different types of media, great taste, & a compelling visual style. In addition to editing, youll also have the opportunity to work upstream on creative campaigns, prototype ideas that will eventually end up in our products, & participate in shoots.
You will report to the Senior Design Manager in our New York office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Produce & edit impactful video content for all digital channels with an emphasis & capabilities around the use of motion graphics
- Produce on-trend content for SQSP that engages, educates & inspires
- Take complete ownership of your project from ingestion to organizing rushes, taking your first cut through to final delivery
- Contribute to team brainstorming sessions
- Contribute to a strong & positive creative culture on the team
- 3+ years of experience as a video editor
- Have your finger on the pulse of video trends, internet culture, with a knowledge of how to apply them to our own executions
- Understanding of platforms & social media best practices, with experience in social-first production
- Experience editing videos from docu-series to short form social videos
- Knowledge of the stages of production & post-delivery methods
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere, with some exposure to Adobe After Effects & DaVinci Resolve
- Ability to take creative direction & work autonomously to bring a story & vision to life
- Expertise with color correction/grading, sound design, & animation is a plus
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive & innovative thinker
- Proficient knowledge of color correction
- Great with feedback & revisions, including hands on experience turning performance data & insights into actionable optimizations
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.