We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people, not cost or workflows, first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to deliver on our promise & seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
What is the position?
This position will help Oscar navigate our growth initiatives & drive our strategy in existing & new geographies & business lines. By working with finance team colleagues & teams across the organization including actuarial, data, expansion, legal, marketing, network, operations, product & sales, the role will drive key initiatives including:
- Long-term business & capital planning to help make strategic decisions around future growth initiatives & opportunities
- Development & execution of our investment strategy & capital structure solutions including equity, debt, & reinsurance
- Comprehensive quantitative & qualitative assessment of growth initiatives, including new markets, business lines, revenue models, partnerships, distribution channels, & efficiently scaling our operations
- Identify, research, & analyze competitive landscape including potential acquisitions & partnership opportunities
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with a deep interest in learning more about healthcare & insurance. This person must be analytical & flexible to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to have an impact on the companys thought leadership & to drive major business decisions around capital financing, competitive & market positioning, expansion, profitability & the companys overall strategic direction. Oscar is growing & so will you.
What leads to success?
- A deep intellectual curiosity - a strategic thinker who always has an opinion
- Proactive, entrepreneurial self-starter capable of driving results without significant supervision
- Ability to form data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves & focus on the details, whether its building complex models in Excel, digging through competitor filings or analyzing datasets (SQL experience is a plus)
- Excellent leadership, teamwork & communication skills
Other desired qualifications:
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years in an analytical role(s), preferably private equity, public investing, strategy consulting, investment banking, equity research or corporate development
- Healthcare experience & market knowledge is a plus but not required. An interest in healthcare & innovation within the space is a must
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.