BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Audio Producer who can contribute to all aspects of production for a new daily podcast. Ideal candidates are passionate about a wide range of news, not just the top headlines but pop culture, celebrity, & everything else thats happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable operating under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment & have a good sense of humor. This is a project-based role.
- Pitching stories to cover in daily editorial meetings
- Booking & wrangling guests
- Working with hosts to script each segment of the show
- Tracking down soundbites & clips
- Working with audio engineer & post-production supervisor to make edits
- Help guide episode recordings & coach hosts
- Collaborate with team on creative development of the show format
- At least 2-3 years experience working in podcasts, ideally a daily podcast
- Outstanding writing & communication skills
- Strong editorial judgement & command of current events, including politics, culture, entertainment, & social media
- Ability to multitask & work creatively in a high-pressure environment
- Some audio editing experience a plus, not a requirement
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.