Green Chef is the leading & first certified organic company in the meal kit space in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018 Green Chef & Hello Fresh partnered to become the worlds largest meal kit company. Together, we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
Green Chef remains focused on delivering healthy, organic ingredients, designed for busy people. We believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to the plating. We strive to create greater interaction & meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, & the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans.
The Food Production Supervisor is responsible for allocating duties & supervising team leads & team members to ensure high quality products are produced while remaining compliant with all Green Chef policies & procedures.
The schedule for this position is Friday- Tuesday, starting at 2pm.
- Allocate duties & monitor activity & workflow to ensure that all warehouse production deadlines are met
- Confer with Warehouse Managers & fellow supervisory team throughout distribution center to ensure coordination of all warehouse activities
- Coordinate with production team to ensure all organizational systems are functioning efficiently
- Maintain timely updates of productivity throughout shift, promptly communicating any deviations from plan
- Monitor proper use & safe handling of food production equipment
- Monitor weekly scheduling of team leads & team members
- Ensure compliance with food safety guidelines
- Ensure that all production processes are properly executed
- Ensure all items produced comply with stringent quality guidelines
- Monitor compliance of GMPs, promptly addressing violations
- Regular & timely completion of Team Lead Evaluation Checklists
- Communicate all staffing concerns with Warehouse Food Production Manager
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues & concerns
- Any & all other functions as determined by management
- Supervise & effectively lead warehouse food production team leads & team members
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 2-5 years supervising in a food distribution or food production facility
- Knowledge of operating a USDA or FDA food facility preferred
- HACCP training preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, & walking
- Temperature controlled warehouse environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to ambient room temperature
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef & HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.