Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Vox.coms video team is looking for an Associate Producer to help our culture team research, book & produce original videos for Vox Videos Shortform team. The ideal candidate has a passion for reporting, research, & creative visual storytelling. They also should have an interest & background in culture & history.
This is a full-time, temporary position starting in April & lasting through June.
What you'll do:
- Source experts & interviewees for stories
- Research archival footage, photos, public records, & anything else needed for stories
- Identify & set up shooting & interviewing opportunities for stories
- Thoroughly fact-check narrative assertions & visuals
- Know or be willing to learn Adobe Premiere & After Effects
- Assist with studio & field shoots
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years experience working in radio, broadcast or video journalism
- A passion for deep research & fondness for archives
- Tenacity in reporting, picking up the phone & finding creative solutions
- Deep familiarity with Voxs video approach & style
- Understanding of what makes a great video & excitement about the role of video in the future of journalism
- Creative drive to explore brand new approaches to video storytelling
- Awareness of what competitors are doing in video
If this sounds like you, please send us a resume & cover letter. In your letter, please include at least 3 links to your past work (journalistic and/or educational examples preferred), & describe your role in the production of the piece.
Vox.com launched in April 2014. The video team has grown to over 30 people & made a name for Vox as one of the leaders in informative web videos. We publish on our YouTube channel, Facebook, Vox.com, & Netflix, creating videos both independently & in collaboration with the larger vox.com staff. As we grow, well need help ensuring a consistent & high standard of quality so that our audience can be assured that theyre getting impeccable research along with stylish, beautiful presentation.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.