Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people that are passionate about removing barriers to developer success.
DigitalOceans online community is our most effective means of reaching millions of developers, building loyalty & love, & translating it into customer acquisition, growth, & revenue. The Director of Community Growth is tasked with setting strategy, developing Community partnerships, managing a team, & allocating budget to optimize, measure & ultimately grow its contribution to the business.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Empower developers around the world. Drive DigitalOcean business growth by reaching more developers & more effectively converting them to DigitalOcean customers.
- Oversee all content marketing for the community, including blog posts, technical tutorials, product documentation, email marketing, & more. Support the growth & development of DOs team of in-house technical content experts.
- Build a framework to scale third-party contributions to technical content, including tutorials, guides, Q&A forum, & other free developer tools, & support community authors to be successful.
- Evaluate, prioritize, & implement new community investments to accelerate organic traffic. Establish metrics & key performance indicators around the impact of DO community activities & initiatives.
- Mobilize the global community to make an impact by contributing to open source development through initiatives like Hacktoberfest.
- Implement & measure the effectiveness of community campaigns that drive positive brand perception & awareness, engagement, & retention for DO.
- Strategize, run, & analyze experiments across multiple growth opportunities to optimize conversion. Report on program performance, trends, & return on investment to the C-suite.
- Demonstrate ability to work at the strategic level by generating bold & fresh ideas for growth & engagement & at the tactical level through strong end-to-end program management.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience in developing communities, integrated campaign management, content marketing, growth marketing, or developer relations, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver marketing campaigns & projects on time, on budget, & with measurable impact, with 2+ years experience managing direct reports including technical team members.
- Technically-minded, with substantial experience driving communications for a developer audience & understanding of developer tools.
- Strong analytical acumen & ability to turn data insights into actionable strategies, with an orientation towards true incremental impact over vanity metrics. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of data measurement, experimentation, marketing funnels, & user-experience optimization.
- Meticulous attention to detail & the unstoppable urge to get things done.
- Incredibly strong written, verbal, & interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business, or a related field, MBA a plus.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!