Help Flexport win new business
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2.2 billion from investors that include the Founders Fund, Shopify, Google Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund, Micheal Dell, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
As we enter our next phase of growth, were looking for a results driven Sales Manager with a proven track record of leading fast-paced sales organizations to help Flexport on our journey to become the leader in Global Trade. Help us solve real-world problems (for the brands you use & love!) while radically streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
- Build strong sales teams;
- Provide leadership & direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, & influencing important enablement efforts;
- Develop specific & targeted goals within each squad to expand & accelerate revenue opportunities within their unique customer sets;
- Create, monitor & manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative & creative ways to improve performance;
- Implement best practices to support a consultative sales approach & a client-obsessive culture;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done & exceed targets.
You should have:
- 2+ years of experience scaling client-facing teams in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven leadership skills, people management skills;
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, & figure stuff out quickly & effectively;
- Strong analytical skills & be great with numbers;
- Good people instincts & be able to build trust & work well with a diverse group inside & outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where youll be asked to take on & run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, & learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big & small;
- High integrity individual whos enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, & making a huge, positive impact in the world;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is & why improving global trade can help to connect the world & break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.