Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a ((TITLE)) to join our ((TEAM NAME)) team in our ((LOCATION)) office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As we grow out our Virtual Primary Care offering, were looking for Medical Assistants to assist a Care Team in managing a panel of patients with a virtual first mindset. Youll be working with a Care Team of MDs, Advanced Practitioners, & Nurses to provide collaborative care.
In this role, youll solve problems that truly change lives. Youll demonstrate organizational agility, coordinate cross functionally to get answers, & put members first.
As a Specialist you will report directly to the Virtual Operations Lead.
- Provide support for your Care Team, including virtual MDs, Advanced Practitioners & Nurses.
- Be available as needed to help resolve member issues by autonomously & passionately serving as the first point of contact for all member escalations.
- Own proactive planning for each member's medical needs with follow through to solution.
- Provide guidance, motivation & encouragement to guides in order to achieve goals.
- Partner with & attend stakeholder meetings to discuss trends & problem areas with systems, workflows, regulations, compliance, & our network.
- Perform all other tasks or additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Experience as a Medical Assistant or similar certification & education.
- Must be available some nights & weekends as well as some on-call rotations.
- Knowledge of medical office management systems & procedures.
- Experience as a supervisor or leader.
- Customer service skills & experience.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, & patient management software (EHR).
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant or similar medical experience.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.